According to Cool Earth, a properly functioning air conditioning system can give you optimum comfort and relaxation in your home. It is essential to have a properly functioning air conditioner especially in this blazing heat in Singapore. If you notice that your AC is not cooling your area as much as it usually does, there may be a problem with one the ducts in your AC system.
Duct problems are some of the most common causes of poor air flow from your air conditioner.
Below are the common problems associated with your AC system’s ducts:
1. Your ducts may be clogged. People hardly ever take a look into their ducts. These ducts usually remain unseen and may hold some dangerous particles. There may be a big possibility that the reason for your poor airflow is that your ducts may have accumulated a lot of dirt throughout the years and have caused a clog in your duct system. Clogged ducts will limit the air that flows through your area.
2. There may be a leak in your ducts. Another common cause of poor air flow from your AC is the fact there your ducts may have a leak. A lot of people would not be able to notice the leaking and this is a big factor as to why air flow is restricted in your home. The best solution to this problem is to contact professional to productively seal off the leak in your duct system with an aero seal. This type of sealing procedure is a long-lasting solution to your problem.
3. Your duct systems may be poorly designed. There a lot of people who do not know anything about their ductwork design and many don’t understand the importance of having your ducts properly laid out. This isn’t something people often really think about. But, if you notice that you are having problems with your air flow in the house, it would be the perfect opportunity to take a look at your duct system and try to identify what exactly is the problem there.
4. There is a lack of insulation. If your ducts are not properly insulated, you may be facing a whole lot of problems with your air flow. This is because ducts that are not properly insulated are not able to effectively transfer the cool air because once the air comes in contact with the ducts, they encounter warm duct systems. The result of this would be uncool air coming out of your AC.
5. The wrong sized systems. Another common cause of poor airflow from your AC is the fact that your duct size may be smaller than it’s supposed to be. Smaller ducts will actually slow down air flow.
There are a lot more common causes of poor air flow from your AC. So, the best thing to do is to hire professional air conditioner maintainers to efficiently figure out and fix what exactly the problem with your air conditioning system is. Poor air flow can cause the area to become extremely uncomfortable. The best way to avoid this is to have your AC properly maintained every few months or so. Read more about this on Aircon Service Singapore from Cool Earth.